Press & Publications
I am a Bay Area, California-based travel writer and photographer. I have previously lived in Seattle, London, Indiana, and Alaska.I have worked with Lonely Planet in an ongoing capacity since 2014, and produce freelance articles for other publications.
I work to create content that leverages my local knowledge to enhance authority and value to readers.
Recent Byline Highlights
I used to have all of my bylines on this page, but it got to be too big of a list! Check out my full portfolio here: valeriestimac.com/portfolio
- I’m A Full-Time Freelancer, And Here’s How I Navigated Health Insurance, Fairy God Boss (2018)
- 10 Travel Writers Tell of Their First Publication Experiences, Matador (June 9, 2016)
- Introducing the 2016 Editors of GoGo This Week, Trip.com (May 20, 2016)
- The 51 Coolest Side Projects We’ve Ever Seen, The Muse (June 10, 2015)
- The Women in Travel Summit (May 2019)
- Bay Area Travel Writers (October 2018)
- The Women in Travel Summit (April 2017)
- The Michigan Bed & Breakfast
AssociationAnnual Convention (November 2016)
Need something else? Contact Me!