My titles keep getting more outlandish, I know. As far as I can tell, this may be the world’s first Harry Potter packing list.
After all, if you’re going to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Studios Orlando, you need to dress the part. If you’re spending ten days traversing the British countryside following my Harry Potter itinerary, you need to be committed. Why travel for Harry Potter if you’re not all-in, ya know?
I scoured the web to find the best Harry Potter attire and accessories out there for this list. Whether you choose a subtle pro-Harry Potter look or go head-to-toe in HP swag*… This list will give you the best options.
*If you do wear an entire Harry Potter outfit, send me a pic, won’t you?
A Harry Potter Packing List
What’s On the Harry Potter Packing List
- A Hogwarts Sweater. A perfect blend between muggle clothing and showing school pride when you come across Beaubatons, Durmstrang, or Ilvermorny students. $24 on Amazon.
- Your House Scarf. If you know your house, you wear your colors! Unsure which house you’re in? Click here to get sorted on the official Harry Potter site Pottermore. $25.50 each on Amazon.
- A Hogwarts Backpack. Pack all your HP gear in this fun bag while you travel. $37 on Amazon.
- Daily Prophet Leggings. These rather loud printed leggings definitely make a statement. In this case “DARK MARK SPARKS PANIC” is one of the many statements they make. $11 on Amazon.
- Accessories in Your House Colors. A good choice for any witches who love jewelry but still want to rep their house pride. $13 each on Amazon: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin.
- A Hogwarts Purse. If you need to downgrade to a smaller purse (optimal at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Orlando or Leavesden Studios), this is the only one you should use. $33 on Amazon.
- Your Wand. You can buy a wand at Ollivanders in places like The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hollywood, or you can snag one of your choosing online. From $37.50 on Amazon.
- A Marauder’s Map Phone Case. You’ll love the mischief case this phone helps manage so much that you may want to use it all the time! $10 on Amazon.
- Hogwarts Sneakers. Whoever thought of taking regular black Chuck Taylor All Stars and smackin’ a Hogwarts crest on them was a genius. From $22 on Amazon.
I wasn’t kidding! You really can go head-to-toe in Harry Potter gear with this list!
[info]If you love Harry Potter, be sure to check out my other Harry Potter travel articles:
- One Magical Day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Universal Studios Orlando – A guide to the biggest Harry Potter experience in the world (at least according to me!).
- One Magical Day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Universal Studios Hollywood – How to spend a day at the West Coast’s best Harry Potter experience.
- The Best Harry Potter Itinerary EVER – UK Edition – The perfect 10-day guide to seeing famous Harry Potter sites all over England and Scotland.
- One Magical Day at the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Leavesden, outside London – A guide to The Making of Harry Potter Exhibit at Warner Brothers Studios. [/info]