Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah
When I Visited:
2018, 2019, 2020
Just picture it: red rock formations like canyons and mesas and endless pin-straight roads stretching to the horizon. Cacti dot the landscape and birds wheel overhead under the blazing sun. There are many reasons American Southwest is among the most iconic regions in the entire country.
If you want to plan a trip to one of the Southwest states – Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, or Utah – there is a lot to consider. Read on for some of my stories about this area and the experiences I’ve had here.
New Mexico Stories
Want to Keep Exploring?
- 25 Wonderful Weekend Getaways from Seattle, Washington
- How to Plan an Epic Eastern Cascades Road Trip from Seattle
- The Ultimate Pacific Coast Road Trip Itinerary (California & the PNW)
- A Perfect Death Valley National Park Itinerary: 2 or 3 Days Below Sea Level
- How to Visit the Anchorage Market:
A Local’s Guide (2022)
- How to Make the Most of One Day in Death Valley National Park