Idaho, Oregon, Washington
When I Visited:
2012, 2013-2017 (Lived), 2018, 2019, 2020
If I could settle forever in just one part of the U.S., it would be the Pacific Northwest. I love the grey, drizzly winters and the brilliantly verdant summers. That’s why, after leaving my favorite place on earth (London), I moved to Seattle for four years. There, I explored far and wide and met Mr. V – my lifelong travel partner!
There are lots of reasons to visit the Pacific Northwest or travel within the states that make up the PNW: Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. You might be taking an Alaska Cruise and start or end in Seattle. You might be on a Pacific Coast Highway road trip and go from the start in Olympia to the end in San Diego. You might want to sample Portland’s donuts and craft beer scene, or escape the crowds in Idaho. Whatever the reason, I feel you, and I want to help you get there.
Read on for the Pacific Northwest travel tips and guides I’ve put together over the years. I’m always exploring and adding new resources, so So check back if you’re curious where I’ve been traveling recently. You can always contact me or tweet at me for personalized Pacific Northwest travel tips.
Pacific Northwest Articles
Portland & Oregon Articles
Western Canada Articles
Want to Keep Exploring?
Here are my recent posts from across the globe!
- How to Make the Most of One Day in Rocky Mountain National Park
- The 19 Best Hawaii Souvenirs to Bring Home from Paradise
- How to Make the Most of 1 Day in Acadia National Park
- How to Plan the Perfect 5 Day Alaska Itinerary (2 Ways!)
- How to Make the Most of One Day in Yosemite National Park
- The 5 Best Things to Do in the Hocking Hills for One Day