30 Before 30 – Goals to Accomplish Before My 30th Birthday
My blog posts likely contain affiliate links, including for the Amazon Associates program.
I’m having an issue where some images are not appearing properly; I’m sorry if you encounter broken or blurry images in this post. I’m working to get this fixed and appreciate your support.
These photos come from an amazing service called Death to the Stock Photo. Trust me, I’m hooked on what they do in providing high quality photos for free, but you’ll still see a healthy mix of my own photos too.
As of yesterday, I am officially 30 months away from my 30th birthday. While I’d like to think that this milestone won’t seem like a big deal, I have a feeling that in two-and-a-half years, I might feel differently. To preemptively make my 30th birthday a celebration rather than a commiseration, I’ve decided to make it all positive. With 30 goals to accomplish before 30, I’m hoping that I can look at my 30th birthday as a pathway forward to another awesome decade, rather than a window looking backward on a decade that could have been more awesome.
Whenever I accomplish one of these goals, I’ll be sure to add a post about it–so we can all celebrate together, and I can hopefully inspire you to start setting and accomplishing your goals too!
- Finish the ‘Around the World’ calendar: Cairo, Moscow, Athens, Sydney, Tokyo, New York
- Swim in the Mediterranean Sea
- See Punxsutawney Phil on Groundhog’s Day
- Take a Caribbean Cruise
- Scale a wall of the Grand Canyon (NB: on mule-back!)
- Hike Symphony Lakes Trail (Alaska)
- Bike to Eklutna Glacier (Alaska)
- Go swimming with dolphins
- Visit Africa
- Spend at least one month living abroad in the same place
- Get an article published in an outside publication, online (Completed 12/3/14)
- Get an article published in an outside publication, in print
- Have someone outside of my family pay for one of my canvas prints (Completed 1/22/15)
- Have my photography displayed in a gallery
- Purchase a new digital camera (Completed 12/8/14)
- Have 500+ email subscribers
- Run a print ad in a magazine for the site
- Purchase a new computer for work/travel
- Begin a long-term brand partnership (>1 year)
- Cross 5,000 Twitter followers (Completed 3/9/15)
- Re-run my personal London 10k route
- Run my personal Seattle 10k route
- Plan and execute the ultimate destination 30th birthday party
- Pay off all my credit card debt and pay down the rest of my car
- Begin writing a book of short stories, memoirs, etc.
- Become a dual-citizen with Croatia
- Become intermediate to proficiently fluent in a foreign language
- Sell one of my canvas paintings
- Invest >$1000 in a new professional & travel wardrobe
- Buy a really, really nice set of sheets
Do you have any big milestones coming up? What goals have you set, if any?
Cool! I’m a big fan of lists and I actually did a 30 before 30 as well! I blogged it my30before30 (dot) wordpress (dot) com. It was fun picking out things to take myself out of my comfort zone! Good luck with your list! =)
Malia, I love your 30 Before 30 site! It’s super inspirational, and really helpful for me to think about how I should write about mine! Thanks for sharing it 🙂
Liked it. I’m almost 20 so I should make a list too 🙂 It’s funny how you have a goal for swimming in the Mediterranean Sea, and I’m swimming in it my whole life and obviously don’t appreciate it enough. I live in Croatia, we’re small but have over 1,000 islands. I don’t know if you heard anything about it, but it’s a beautiful country and I suggest you come and see 🙂
Lea, hello! Thanks so much for commenting all the way from Croatia! I am half Croatian and would LOVE to come visit! What area of the country are you in?
I like lists because they help me keep focused and know if I’m accomplishing my goals. If you make a list, please share it with me, I’d love to see 🙂 Maybe yours will include ‘swimming in the Pacific Ocean,’ which is right next to me here in Seattle 😉
This is such a great list! It makes me want to do the same, as I just turned 30 this year.
You should, Drew! Any age is a good one to set goals for the upcoming year(s)! Thanks for reading!
Tanja / The red phone box trav
number 26?! :)) aahhh I just scrolled down and saw why!:)